Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for YANWORTH, or Enworth

YANWORTH, or Enworth, a chapelry in Hazleton parish, Gloucester; 8½ miles NNE of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,340. Real property, £1,265. Pop., 123. Houses, 23. The property belongs to the Earl of Eldon. The living is annexed to Hazleton.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Haselton AP/CP       Yanworth CP/Ch       Gloucestershire AncC
Place names: ENWORTH     |     YANWORTH     |     YANWORTH OR ENWORTH
Place: Yanworth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.