Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MERRINGTON

MERRINGTON, a township in Preston-Gubbals parish, Salop; 5½ miles NNW of Shrewsbury. Pop., 188. The manor belonged to the Mucklestons.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Preston Gubbals Ch/CP       Shropshire AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.