Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MICHELL, MICHELL, or ST. MICHAEL

MICHELL, MICHELL, or ST. MICHAEL, a village partly in St. Enoder parish, Cornwall; 6½ miles NNE of Truro. It is a decayed ancient borough; it sent two members to parliament from the time of Edward VI., till disfranchised by the reform act; it had long a market, now extinct; and it has a post office under Ladock, and a fair on 16 Oct. Pop., about 170.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: St Enoder CP/AP       Cornwall AncC
Place names: MICHELL     |     MICHELL MICHELL OR ST MICHAEL     |     ST MICHAEL
Place: Mitchell

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.