Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MOULSOE

MOULSOE, a village and a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks. The village stands 1¼ mile W of the boundary with Beds, 1½ E of the river Onzel, 3 SE of Newport-Pagnell, and 3¾ N by W of Woburn-Sands r. station; and has a post office under Newport-Pagnell. The parish comprises 1,190 acres. Real property, £2,647. Pop., 234. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Lord Carrington. Moulsoe Wood is a meet for the Oakley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £380.* Patron, Lord Carrington. The church is tolerable, and has a tower. There is a free school, endowed with the rent of 14 acres of land.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village and a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Moulsoe AP/CP       Newport Pagnell PLU/RegD       Buckinghamshire AncC
Place: Moulsoe

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.