Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ALLITHWAITE

ALLITHWAITE, two townships and a chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire. The townships are Lower and Upper, and lie near Cark r. station. Acres, 2,360 and 3,710. Real property, £5,142 and £3,123. Pop., 933 and 729. Houses, 190 and 162. The chapelry was formed in 1865. Pop., 480. The living is a p. curacy. Value, £150.* Patron, the Bishop of Carlisle


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "two townships and a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Cartmel AP/CP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Allithwaite

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.