Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PENNYCROSS, or Weston-Peverell

PENNYCROSS, or Weston-Peverell, a chapelry in Plymouth, St. Andrew parish, Devon; adjoining Stoke, and 2 miles N N W of Plymouth. Post-town, Plymouth. Acres, 1, 281; of which 50 are water. Rated property, £4, 397. Pop., 315. Houses, 60. The property is much subdivided. There are several genteel residences. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of P., St. Andrew, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is later English, and good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Pennycross Ch/CP       Plymouth St Andrew AP/CP       Devon AncC
Place names: PENNYCROSS     |     PENNYCROSS OR WESTON PEVERELL     |     WESTON PEVERELL
Place: Weston Peverell

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.