Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PENNINGTON-GREEN

PENNINGTON-GREEN, a village in Aspull township, Wigan parish, Lancashire; 3 miles N E of Wigan. It has a Church of England chapel, built in 1849, and a national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Wigan AP/Tn/CP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Pennington Green

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.