Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ALDERMINSTER

ALDERMINSTER, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon and county of Worcester; on the river Stour and on the Stratford and Moreton railway, 5 miles SSE of Stratford. It has a post office under Stratford. Acres, 3,167. Real property, £3,777. Pop., 520. Houses, 105. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £170.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is cruciform, with a low tower, and partly Norman.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Alderminster CP/AP       Worcestershire AncC
Place: Alderminster

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.