Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PINCHBECK (West)

PINCHBECK (West), a chapelry in Pinchbeck parish, Lincoln; 4½ miles N W of Spalding r. station. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post-office under Spalding. Pop., 1, 415. Houses, 281. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £210.* Patron, the Vicar of Pinchbeck. The church was built in 1849.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Pinchbeck AP/CP       Lincolnshire AncC
Place names: PINCHBECK     |     PINCHBECK WEST     |     WEST PINCHBECK
Place: West Pinchbeck

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.