Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ALDBROUGH

ALDBROUGH, a township and a subdistrict in the district of Richmond, N. R. Yorkshire. The township is in the parish of St. John Stanwick, on a tributary of the Tees, 7 miles N by E of Richmond; and has a post office under Darlington. Acres, 1,636. Real property, £3,099. Pop., 420. Houses, 109. There is a Wesleyan chapel.-The subdistrict comprises two entire parishes and part of a third. Acres, 11,996. Pop., 1,706. Houses, 390.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township and a subdistrict"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Richmond PLU/RegD       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Aldbrough

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.