Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PUTLEY

PUTLEY, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1¾mile S by W of Ashperton r. station, and 4¼ W of Ledbury. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 589. Real property, £1, 113. Pop., 197. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Major Stock. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £118.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Putley AP/CP       Ledbury PLU/RegD       Herefordshire AncC
Place: Putley

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.