Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SALFORD

SALFORD, a parish in Woburn district, Beds; 2 miles N by E of Woburn-Sands r. station, and 4 N by W of Woburn. Post-town, Woburn. Acres, 900. Real property, £1, 620. Pop., 264. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to the representatives of the Chernocke family. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Holcott, in the diocese of Ely. The church is ancient but good. Charities, £40.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Salford AP/CP       Woburn PLU/RegD       Bedfordshire AncC
Place: Salford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.