Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SCOULTON

SCOULTON, a parish, with a village, in Wayland district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles E of Watton r. station. Post-town, Watton. Acres, 2, 193. Real property, £3, 253. Pop., 329. Houses, 70. The property is divided among four. A sheet of water here, 2 miles in circuit, has aswampy island with a breeding-place of gulls, and belongs to J. Weyland, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £482.* Patron, J. Weyland, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower and octagonal lantern.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Scoulton CP/AP       Wayland PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Scoulton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.