Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for STOW-CUM-QUY

STOW-CUM-QUY, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 2¾ miles SE of Waterbeach r. station, and 5 ENE of Cambridge. It has a post-office, of the name of Quy, under Cambridge. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £3,080. Pop., 368. Houses, 80. The manor, with Quy Hall, belongs to Francis, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £52. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £16. Jeremy Collier was a native.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Stow Cum Quy AP/CP       Chesterton PLU/RegD       Cambridgeshire AncC
Place names: QUY     |     STOW CUM QUY
Place: Stow Cum Quy

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.