Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SUTTON-MADDOCK

SUTTON-MADDOCK, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; near the river Severn, 1½ mile ESE of Coalport r. station. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 2,662. Real property, £4,824. Pop., 420. Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Kemberton. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Sutton Maddock CP/AP       Shropshire AncC
Place: Sutton Maddock

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.