Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for SUTTON-ON-PLYM

SUTTON-ON-PLYM, a chapelry in Charles-the-Martyr parish, Devon; within Plymouth borough. It was constituted in 1844; and its Post town is Plymouth. Rated property, £12,078. Pop., 6,237. Houses, 533. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is excellent.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Plymouth Charles AP/CP       Devon AncC
Place: Plymouth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.