Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TARRINGTON

TARRINGTON, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 2 miles W of Ashperton r. station, and 6½ W by N of Ledbury. It has a post-office under Ledbury. Acres, 2,224. Real property, £3,468. Pop., 543. Houses, 107. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £420.* Patron, Lady E. Foley. The church is good. Charities, £20.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Tarrington CP/AP       Ledbury PLU/RegD       Herefordshire AncC
Place: Tarrington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.