Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TARRANT-RUSHTON

TARRANT-RUSHTON, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; 3¾ miles E of Blandford r. station. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 1,221. Real property, £1,409. Pop., 173. Houses, 38. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £219.* Patron, Sir J. Smith, Bart. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Tarrant Rushton AP/CP       Blandford PLU/RegD       Dorset AncC
Place: Tarrant Rushton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.