Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TIDWORTH (South)

TIDWORTH (South), a parish, with Hampshire-Cross hamlet, in Andover district, Hants; 1 mile SSE of North Tidworth. Post town, Tidworth, under Marlborough. Acres, 2,175. Rated property, £1,785. Pop., 208. Houses, 48. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester-Value, £379.* Patron, F. S. Stanley, Esq. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with Hampshire-Cross hamlet"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: South Tedworth AP/CP       Andover PLU/RegD       Hampshire AncC
Place names: SOUTH TIDWORTH     |     TIDWORTH     |     TIDWORTH SOUTH
Place: South Tedworth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.