Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TIBBERTON

TIBBERTON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; 3½ miles SE of Newent, and 4½ NE by N of Grange-Court r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £2,919. Pop., 391. Houses, 78. The manor, with T. Court, belongs to W. P. Price, Esq. Meredith is the seat of Lady Wedderburn. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £328.* Patron, the Rev. H. D. Y. Scott. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a British school, and charities £12.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Tibberton CP/AP       Newent PLU/RegD       Gloucestershire AncC
Place: Tibberton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.