Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WACTON

WACTON, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 7½ miles E by S of Leominster r. station. Post town, Bromyard, under Worcester. Acres, 1,002. Real property, £1,053. Pop., 123. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to the Earl of Somerset. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £75. Patron, the Bishop of H.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Wacton CP/Ch       Bromyard PLU/RegD       Herefordshire AncC
Place: Wacton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.