Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WARMLEY

WARMLEY, a chapelry in Siston and Bitton parishes, Gloucester; 1 mile S of Mangotsfield r. station, and 5 E of Bristol. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post-office under Bristol. Pop., 2,016. Houses, 439. Coal is mined. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £88.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bitton AP/CP       Siston CP/AP       Gloucestershire AncC
Place: Warmley

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.