Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WESTON-UPON-AVON

WESTON-UPON-AVON, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon, and counties of Gloucester and Warwick; on the river Avon, and on the Honeybourne and Stratford railway, around Milcote r. station, and 3½ miles SW by S of Stratford-on-Avon. Post town, Welford, under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres of the Gloucester portion, which is Weston tything, 1,060; of the Warwick portion, which is Milcote lordship, 480. Real property, £1,376 and £1,122. Pop, 80 and 57. Houses, 19 and 9. The manor belongs to Countess Delawarr. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £84. Patron, Countess Delawarr. The church is good. There is an endowed school with £11 a year.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Stratford on Avon PLU/RegD       Gloucestershire AncC       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Weston on Avon

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.