Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WICKHAM

WICKHAM, a chapelry in Spalding parish, Lincoln; 3 miles NE of Spalding r. station. Post town, Spalding. Pop., 60. The manor belongs to R. Everard, Esq. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £117. Patron, Spalding Grammar School. The church is a ruin.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Spalding CP/AP       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Wykeham

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.