Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BALDERSTON

BALDERSTON, a township-chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; near the river Ribble, 5 miles NW of Blackburn r. station. Post Town, Mellor-Brook under Blackburn. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £2,593 Pop., 532. Houses, 105. The property is much sub divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £160.* Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church is very good. Charities, £11.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township-chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Blackburn CP/AP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Balderstone

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.