Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BANKFOOT

BANKFOOT, a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1850. Post Town, Bradford. Rated property, £1,213. Pop., 2,641. Houses, 600. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £120.* Patron, Rt. Hon. G. Hardy.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bradford CP/AP       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Bankfoot

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.