Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BARLESTONE, or Barlston

BARLESTONE, or Barlston, a chapelry in Market Bosworth parish, Leicester; 2¾ miles NE of Market Bosworth, and 3 SW of Bagworth r. station. Post Town, Market-Bosworth under Hinckley. Acres, 810. Real property, £2,910. Pop., 544. Houses, 140. The property is much subdivided. Many of the inhabitants are employed in the manufactory of hosiery. The living is annexed to Market-Bosworth. The church is plain. There are two dissenting chapels and a free school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Barlestone Ch/CP       Market Bosworth CP/AP       Leicestershire AncC
Place names: BARLESTONE     |     BARLESTONE OR BARLSTON     |     BARLSTON
Place: Barlestone

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.