Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BRANSFORD

BRANSFORD, a chapelry in Leigh parish, Worcestershire; on the river Teme, adjacent to the Malvern railway, 4½ miles SW by W of Worcester. It has a station, of the name of Bransford-Road, on the railway; and its Post Town is Powick, under Worcester. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £2,118. Pop., 270. Houses, 59. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; impropriate in Earl Somers. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Leigh AP/CP       Worcestershire AncC
Place: Bransford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.