Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BRICKENDON

BRICKENDON, a liberty in All Saints parish, Herts; 3 miles S of Hertford. Acres, 1,520. Real property, £4,363. Pop., 841. Houses, 164. Brickendon-Bury belonged formerly to Waltham Abbey; and is now the seat of R. Ellice, Esq.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a liberty"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Brickendon ParLib/CP       Hertford All Saints AP/CP       Hertfordshire AncC
Place: Brickendon

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.