Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BRIDES-NETHERWENT (St.)

BRIDES-NETHERWENT (St.), a parish in Chepstow and Newport districts, Monmouth; on the Julian way, 2 miles N by E of Magor r. station, and 6 ½ E by S of Caerleon. It includes the hamlet of Llandevenny; and its Post Town is Magor, under Chepstow. Acres, 1,032. Real property, £1,399. Pop., 171. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £178. Patron, T. Perry, Esq. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: St Brides Netherwent AP/CP       Monmouthshire AncC
Place names: BRIDES NETHERWENT ST     |     ST BRIDES NETHERWENT
Place: St Brides Netherwent

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.