Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CHEDBURGH

CHEDBURGH, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk. 4½ miles S of Saxham r. station, and 6 SW of Bury-St. Edmunds. Post town, Depden, under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 566. Real property, £1, 107. Pop., 325. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, not reported.* Patron, the Marquis of Bristol. The church was built in 1842; and is in the decorated English style. Charities, £25.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Chedburgh CP/AP       Thingoe PLU/RegD       Suffolk AncC
Place: Chedburgh

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.