Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for COPDOCK

COPDOCK, a parish in Samford district, Suffolk; on an affluent of the river Orwell, 2 miles NNE of Capel r. station, and 3½ SW of Ipswich. It has a post office under Ipswich. Acres, 954. Real property, £2, 233. Pop., 341. Houses, 70. The property is much subdivided. Copdock Hall is the seat of Lord Walsingham. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Washbrook, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £483.* Patron, Lord Walsingham. The church is very good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Copdock CP/AP       Samford PLU/RegD       Suffolk AncC
Place: Copdock

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.