Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CUBERT, or Cutiibert

CUBERT, or Cutiibert, a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall; on the coast, near Holywell bay, 5½ miles WNW of St. Michael, and 8 ½ N by W of Truro r. station. Post town, New Quay, under St. Columb. Acres, 2, 518; of which 75 are water. Real property, £3, 486. Pop., 420. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. Some mining is carried on; and there is a petrifying spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £180.* Patron, the Rev.H. Hosken. The church stands on a hill; contains monuments of the Hoskens and others; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Cubert AP/CP       St Columb Major PLU/RegD       Cornwall AncC
Place names: CUBERT     |     CUBERT OR CUTIIBERT     |     CUTIIBERT
Place: Cubert

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.