Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DALLINGTON

DALLINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Northampton; on the Grand Union canal, and a branch of the river Nen, 1¾ mile NW of Northampton. It has a post office under Northampton. Acres, 1, 520. Real property, £4, 258. Pop., 686. Houses, 133. The property is divided among a few. Ironstone is found and worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £300.* Patron, J. Reddall, Esq. The church was restored in 1863. There are a national school and four alms-houses.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Dallington CP/AP       Northamptonshire AncC
Place: Dallington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.