Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DENIO

DENIO, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the coast, containing the town of Pwllheli. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1, 278; of which 376 are water. Real property, £4, 998. Pop., 2, 420. Houses, 567. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llannor, in the diocese of Bangor. The church was built in 1860, at a cost of £450; and is in the early English style. A grammar school has £40 from endowment; and other charities £24.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Deneio AP/CP       Pwllheli PLU/RegD       Caernarvonshire AncC
Place: Deneio

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.