Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DEPDEN

DEPDEN, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 6½ miles S of Saxham r. station, and 7½ SW of Bury-St. Edmunds. It has a post office under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 1, 595. Real property, £2, 403. Pop., 265. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £425.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has a brass of Lady Jermyn and two husbands; and is good. Bishop Sparrow was a native.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Depden CP/AP       Thingoe PLU/RegD       Suffolk AncC
Place: Depden

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.