Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DUDDLESTON, or Dudleston

DUDDLESTON, or Dudleston, a township-chapelry in Ellesmere parish, Salop; 3½ miles E by N of Chirk r. station, and 4¼ NW by W of Ellesmere. It contains the hamlets of Coedyralth and Pentrecoed; and has a post office under Ruabon. Pop., 1, 030. The property is sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £238. Patron, the Vicar of Ellesmere. The church is good, and has a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and United Free Methodists.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township-chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Ellesmere AP/CP/Tn       Shropshire AncC
Place names: DUDDLESTON     |     DUDDLESTON OR DUDLESTON     |     DUDLESTON
Place: Dudleston

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.