Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for EASTCOTT

EASTCOTT, a ville in Ruislip parish, Middlesex; adjacent to the boundary with Herts, 3¼ miles NW of Harrow. It has a post office under Watford. Pop., 538. Eastcott House here was formerly the seat of the Hawtreys.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a ville"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Ruislip AP/CP       Middlesex AncC
Place: Eastcote

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.