Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ENODER (St.)

ENODER (St.), a village and a parish in St. Columb district, Cornwall. The village stands 4½ miles SSW of St. Columb-Major, and 6 NNW of Grampound r. station; and has a post office under Ladock. The parish includes also part of the town of Mitchell. Acres, 7, 037. Real property, £6, 333; of which £142 are in mines. Pop., 1, 151. Houses, 234. The surface is somewhat flat. The rocks include granite and porphyry, with tin and copper ores. Gomronson was the seat of the Flammocks; and Boswallow of the Stephenses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £380.* Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church has a pinnacled tower and a Norman font. There is a Wesleyan chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village and a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: St Enoder CP/AP       St Columb Major PLU/RegD       Cornwall AncC
Place names: ENODER ST     |     ST ENODER
Place: St Enoder

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.