Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for FORD, Ford-Bridge, or Fordsbridge

FORD, Ford-Bridge, or Fordsbridge, a parochial chapelry in Leominster district, Hereford; on the Shrewsbury and Hereford railway, 2½ miles SSE of Leominster. It has a station, of the name of Ford-Bridge, on the railway; and its post town is Leominster. Acres, 324. Pop., 29. Houses, 5. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £53. Patron, J. H. Arkwright, Esq. The church is very good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parochial chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Leominster PLU/RegD       Herefordshire AncC
Place names: FORD     |     FORD BRIDGE     |     FORD FORD BRIDGE OR FORDSBRIDGE     |     FORDSBRIDGE
Place: Ford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.