Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HAZLETON, or HAZLEDON

HAZLETON, or HAZLEDON, a village and a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester. The village stands among the Cotswolds, 3 miles NW of Northleach, and 6 SW by W of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. The parish contains also the chapelry of Yanworth; and its post town is Andoverford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 530. Real property, £2, 753. Pop., 308. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to H. E. Waller, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelry of Yanworth, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £550. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village and a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Haselton AP/CP       Northleach PLU/RegD       Gloucestershire AncC
Place names: HAZLEDON     |     HAZLETON     |     HAZLETON OR HAZLEDON
Place: Haselton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.