Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HIMBLETON

HIMBLETON, a village and a parish in Droitwich district, Worcester. The village stands near Dean's brook and near the Gloucester and Birmingham railway, 4 miles SE of Droitwich; and has a post office under Droitwich.—The parish includes also the hamlets of Saleway, Phepson, Dunhampstead, and Shernall-Green. Acres, 2, 040. Real property, £3, 040; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 410. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The parish is a meet for the Worcestershire hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £110.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is early English, and has a wooden tower of 1847.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village and a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Himbleton CP/AP       Droitwich PLU/RegD       Worcestershire AncC
Place: Himbleton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.