Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HONINGTON

HONINGTON, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; near Ermine street, and on the Boston and Grantham railway, 5 miles NNE of Grantham. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Grantham. Acres, 1, 454. Real property, £2, 425. Pop., 157. Houses, 32. The property is all in one estate. A double ditched Roman camp is here, and many Roman coins and urns have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £214. Patron, Sir T. G. Apreece.The church is old but good, and contains monuments of the Hasseys. Charities, £34.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Honington AP/CP       Grantham PLU/RegD       Lincolnshire AncC
Place: Honington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.