Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HONINGTON

HONINGTON, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; on the river Stour, 1½ mile N of Shipston-on-Stour, and 7 NE of Moreton r. station. It includes a place called St. Dennis, anciently known as Bradmore chapelry. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 2, 441. Real property, £3, 361. Pop., 250. Houses, 60. The property belonged to the monastery of Coventry, and passed to the Gibbeses and the Parkers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £130. * Patron, the Rev. H. Townsend. The church was rebuilt at the expense of the late Sir Henry Parker, Bart.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Honington CP/AP       Shipston on Stour PLU/RegD       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Honington

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.