Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KEMBERTON

KEMBERTON, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; 2 ½ miles SW by S of Shiffnal r. station. Post town, Shiffnal. Acres, 1, 387. Real property, £2, 173. Pop., 244. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. Coal occurs in the NW, and is worked by the Madeley Wood company. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Sutton-Maddock, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £570.* Patrons, Miss Slaney and others. The church is plain but good, and has a pinnacled tower.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kemberton AP/CP       Shropshire AncC
Place: Kemberton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.