Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KILVERSTONE

KILVERSTONE, a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk; on a branch of the Little Ouse river, adjacent to the Norwich railway, and to the boundary with Suffolk, 1¾ mile E of Thetford r. station. Post town, Thetford. Acres, 2, 026. Real property, £862. Pop., 39. Houses, 9. The property belonged formerly to the Cornwallises; and, with K. Hall, belongs now to John W. Davy, Esq. The Hall is a fine modern mansion, and stands in a park of many miles in circuit. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £140. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman; was repaired in 1857; and has a round ivy clad tower.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kilverstone AP/CP       Thetford PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Kilverstone

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.