Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KINGSTON

KINGSTON, a parish in Worthing district, Sussex;, on the coast, 1½ mile SE of Angmering r. station, and 5 W of Worthing. Post town, Littlehampton, under Arundel. Acres, 582; of which 148 are water. Real property, £918. Pop., 45. Houses, 9. A coast guard station is here. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Ferring, in the diocese of Chichester. The church was washed away by the sea.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kingston AP/CP       East Preston Inc/PLU/RegD       Sussex AncC
Place: Kingston

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.