Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for KINWARTON

KINWARTON, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Alne, 1½ mile NE of Alcester r. station. Post town, Alcester, under Bromsgrove. Acres, 480. Real property, £867. Pop., 64. Houses, 12. The property is divided among three. Kinwarton House is the residence of J. Brown, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the chapelries of Weethley and Great Alne, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £490.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kinwarton CP/AP       Alcester PLU/RegD       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Kinwarton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.