Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LEA

LEA, a township in Ashton-on-Ribble chapelry, Preston parish, Lancashire; near Lea-Road r. station, 3 miles WNW of Preston. The manor belongs to Sir Henry de Hoghton, Bart. There is an endowed school, with £75 a year.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Preston CP/AP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Lea

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.