Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LLANGWNADLE

LLANGWNADLE, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 12 miles WSW of Pwllheli r. station, and SW by S of Nevin. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1,243. Real propertv, £994. Pop., 272. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £50. Patron, the Rev. G. A. Salusbury. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynodl; is a fine tripleaisled edifice; and contains a good sculptured font. Char. ities, £8.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Llangwnnadl Ch/Hmlt/CP/AP       Pwllheli PLU/RegD       Caernarvonshire AncC
Place: Llangwnnadl

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.